The continuous development of our school is built around the strength of the team, with each member of the school community as a valued contributor.
Our vision for Tonnau Primary School can be summarised in the following statement:
“We want our children to develop a positive attitude to learning by providing an experienced based approach whereby pupils acquire the knowledge and skills required to reach their full potential, in an ever-changing technological society. We expect self-discipline and self-reliance so that our children can work independently as well as in co-operation with others. We aim to create a happy, stimulating and challenging environment where our children can grow in caring surroundings, learning respect and tolerance for other people and their property”.
As a school we aim to develop our pupils as self-motivated lifelong learners.
Our commitment to the vision statement means that we hope:
- To develop the whole child – academically, physically, spiritually and morally, by providing a happy, secure environment in which our children can learn important life skills.
- To involve our pupils as part of the learning process rather than being a product of the process.
- To help our pupils to become more confident, articulate and able to communicate and empathise with others.
- To empower our pupils by becoming literate, numerate and technologically able to function effectively in the twenty-first century
- To actively seek to raise all standards and be part of an on going self-evaluation process.
- To give pupils a strong sense of their own cultural identity whilst being aware of, and respectful towards, other diverse communities, locally and world wide.
- To develop good citizens who grow up to lead safe and interesting lives and make a positive contribution to society
- To cultivate a climate of success for all children, celebrating their achievements, in all aspects of their lives.
We have many policies and routines in place to keep our school the safe and hardworking place we all value. To view any of our policies or to find out more about our school please contact the office on 01639 637062.